Monday, October 20, 2008

One Special Day

I sometimes forget how blessed I am. I somehow super emphasize on the things I haven't accomplished, things I don't have, things I can't have, instances of regrets in the past... people usually define this as pessimism. I would have to admit that I am dealing with this kind of attitude for quite sometime ,that's probably the reason why moving on has always been a struggle for me. I remember a friend gave me a book about negativity and how it affects you but I didn't have time to read it or maybe I don't want to read it at all for some reason. Talking about moving on, I just celebrated my birthday last Sunday. Early Saturday morning I spent time with some of Emerson friends with a good laugh and short talks at something fishy somewhere in libis, then off to my unit to fix my things and go home to spend the rest of weekend with my family. When I finally got home, I got teary eyed. There was a cake on the table from my mom and dad, feels like I'm 7 year old birthday boy again, everyone kissed me happy birthday. On my busy schedule my family is most of the time the least priority, not that I don't love them or the like. I just know that they are just around there supporting me all the way. I know that filipino core value stipulates strong family ties and this is very much a live in ours, but I always forgot it. And that one special day, I was once again reminded that I am so much blessed and I should be thankful to God for lot of things. All lessons from purpose driven life book is very much a live in me again. An important lesson learned on my one special day is focusing on what you have and not on what you do not have, live life to the fullest and be happy. Appreciate every person you have on your life they are treasures that you wouldn't trade for silver or gold. Share what you have and it will all come back to you. Most importantly, Chirst died on the cross for you and for me. Let me tell you a great story that changed me... email me at iamalivingsaint@gmail.com i'll share what I know :-D.

2 comments:

  1. JEFF thanks for the bday treat!!!!

    Utang muna burger mo.. lagi kame late so di namen nadadaanan... hehe promise may candle yun sa gitna para maka-wish ka hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww! tagal ng burger...You are welcome, and I'm so happy I got to spend some of my birthday time with you guys... Sana marami pang ganung time :-D XoXo gossip girl ahahaha mali pala XoXo jepoy

    ReplyDelete