Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Song's for Mama Ester

In Memory of my Mama Ester. This blog of mine was Created Sept 25, 2006. I would like to keep it so I'm putting it here

Each year, 182,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer and 43,300 die. One woman in eight either has or will develop breast cancer in her lifetime. In addition, 1,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 400 will die this year.
liquid crystal about to overflow from the side of my eyes when she let me see the swollen breast on her right and say "konti lang naman yung sugat, anak" My voice was shaking trying not to let her feel my true emotions. But at the back of my mind I know for a fact that it was not just a simple tumor because it was black all over the sides of the breast, it was like rotten tumor outside. There was silence for a couple of minutes and I just ask her if it was painful although I know already the answer, she just said "minsan". I was amazed by her strength and determination, because she can still manage to laugh,cook for me when at home and walk around every morning. What kills me more is my incapability to do more than I could do to help her ease the pain.
After our short conversation, I went online to check for Breast cancer article and read more stuff about it. It crashes my heart when I saw the picture of the actual breast cancer patient and compare it to her... All fears flashes on my consciousness, Hot liquid crystals begin to flow through my cheeks... I went back to her pretending nothing happens. I ask her what does the doctor said about the thing, she said that the doctor informed her that it's stage 4 breast cancer. My heart beats faster but still, I manage to pretend to be OK. I just said God can do miracles and she agreed. She is indeed strong and determined to fight it, We and the rest of our big clan are always there to support her, although we are limited to what we can do BUT God is limitless and I hold on to His miracle...

fact: She is like third mom to me next to her sisters who really helped me understand discipline and love. Please Join me in praying for her miracle and continued determination to fight cancer. She does not want any doctor to touch it nor take any medication except for an ointment and boiled guava leaves, I think I understand her, she thought that we can't afford any chemo session or any expensive medication.

2 comments:

  1. hey. kunin mo yung artwork mo sa oldest blogpost ko. wag mong ipagkakalat na ako gumawa nun kundi lagot ka sakin. wala akong powers para pagbigyan lahat ng magpapagawa kase. salamuys sa pag-unawa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey. kunin mo yung artwork mo sa oldest blogpost ko. wag mong ipagkakalat na ako gumawa nun kundi lagot ka sakin. wala akong powers para pagbigyan lahat ng magpapagawa kase. salamuys sa pag-unawa.

    ReplyDelete