Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Car Key Won't Turn!

Earlier today before going to work I have a planned dinner date with my US buddies Kat and Stell, it was long overdue already but that's not this entry is all about. So let me continue, I woke up early took a shower and get dressed, bumped in to my car stick in the car key to turn on the car when I realized I can't turn the car on it won't freaking turn on *Kung sinuswerte ka nga naman* so since I don't wanna spoil my day thinking about this luck I decided to commute and enjoy the dinner with my friends...

So at about 9ish i search forum about this experience and found this article from about.com

Ever get in your car, put your car key in the ignition, and realize you can't turn the car key? It happens to everybody. Before you turn green, burst out of your blouse and rip the head off the key trying to force it, try this more gentle approach. Your car has a steering lock that clicks into place when you take the car key out of the ignition. This prevents thieves from being able to steer your car if they hotwire it. Sometimes the wheel is turned to just the right place to keep your key from being able to disengage that steering wheel lock. All you have to do is turn the wheel a little bit in either direction while you turn they key. Voila! Everything's moving again. Now get to work!

I never thought about the steering lock thingy sorry too dumb about car stuff a neophite in this so when I get home I'll try the suggestion and I really hope this is the reason of my good luck today.. *Sigh*

source: http://autorepair.about.com/od/quicktips/qt/tipsteeringlock.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment